Monday, September 21, 2009

I meant SEPTEMBER 23rd . . .

Not really . . . . Thanks to the many of you who have asked about the blog. . . . .I don't know what to say, except I guess I needed a break. I've been in a mode of evaluating the place and priority of social networking in my life in light of my other callings as husband, father and pastor. In fact, I've decided to shut down my Twitter experiment, but will return to regular posting here at "life together." We all only have so much time and energy and there is much that pulls at us. We can't do it all. Among all the possible goods, we must consistently refocus and re-prioritize. After blogging consistently for a number of years, I wanted to know how it felt to not blog regularly. . . . it felt good.

Anyway, let me get back to it. . . .


Yesterday was our 2009 Grace Fall Kick Off . . . a great day, though they tell me our numbers were down a bit. . . . didn't seem like it to me, but so they tell me. Sweet spirit of fellowship and lots and lots of new faces. Thanks for inviting your friends, neighbors and co-workers.

Here's a great recap vid that my talented friend Jack Hutchinson threw together. . . .



(On a personal note. . . I try and listen and evaluate myself fairly regularly. It's always painful. Watching myself here on the front end was doubly painful!)

4 comments:

Brian Wong said...

Hey Pastor Tim,
It's good to hear you're still being very intentional about all aspects of the ministry, even in the "Internet" sphere.

Personally, your blog is significant to me as it's a great way to peer into your world, and life at Grace now that I'm so far away, and no longer a regular attender of Grace. But as Janice posted earlier, if you're using the time in ways that have a more significant impact on the Mission, that should definitely be a priority.

Brian

Anonymous said...

Pastor Tim, have you thought about sharing your blog with some of the other Pastors and/or Elders at Grace? If two or three of you make independent posts here, it may reduce some of the time impact on husband/daddy/pastor priorities. It may also breath a whole new Life Together to the blog and inspire you in new ways. I love you and what you're doing. God bless you my brother. SDG!


allen peek

Mama Mote said...

I'm with Brian. I missed seeing your blog and am glad to see the vid of Fall Kick-Off. Sorry I wasn't there to help with the office work, but it was fun to see the fun you had even in this short video. Keep seeking God to help you balance your priorities. Missing you all.

Janice Phillips said...

Totally support being intentional! Glad you're back to blogging as it is always helpful and instructive.