Friday, December 19, 2008

caroling for the community

Yesterday Christmas hit me. I found myself not wanting to do much of anything, but gather my family close, make some puzzles, listen to Christmas music, watch movies and eat.

It's hard for me to imagine not having a family with which to gather, but that is reality for many in our community.

This Sunday, December 21st, at 4:30 our aim is, in a small way, to take Christmas,through the wonder of music, to rest homes, shut-ins and even to the streets of downtown San Luis Obispo. Our time together is not about merely Christmas caroling, but about bringing the birth of Christ to our community and especially to those in need.

Hope you'll consider joining us. Bring the kids and let's give it away together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had a GREAT time.

Let's do it again.

Mama Mote said...

Fun time. Glad I came. Sorry I'll miss Christmas Eve. Was looking forward to going to the "midnight" service.