Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Attention Grace Mountain Bikers. . . .

In response to last weeks Old Stage Coach Road post, several have been asking about a big group ride. I just want to log in and tell you we're working on it!

We're trying to come up with a good date for a Saturday morning ride. We had talked about Saturday of Labor Day Weekend, but that doesn't look like its going to work. We'll let you know when we nail down another date. Jason Evangelista is the point man. If you're interested, drop Jason a line at jason@graceslo.org or leave a comment here. We'd like to know just how many guys/gals we're talking about.

BTW, Jason and I rode again on Monday afternoon. Up Shooters, down Morning Glory! Rocked my world. Good for my heart. All this will probably come to a screeching halt when #4 arrives any day. It's been fun!

9 comments:

Andy Gibson said...

I'm in. My mountain bike probably stinks compared to other, but that's fine with me. Where are you thinking about doing it?

jslobike23 said...

Hey Guys!!
This is Jason. I was wondering which date works the best for all of ya...Saturday Sept. 10th or 17th?? Tim and I were thinking we would take everyone up Stagecoach and down Shooters since the uphill is consistant but not technical (so as many as want to can come). It is going to be about an 18 mile ride, so make sure you are prepared enough gear wise and physically. Also, invite a friend once we nail down a date. This could be a great ministry opportunity!! Ciao guys!

Andy Gibson said...

17th.

Scott Morton said...

17th sounds good

Andy Gibson said...

I just realized that the 17th is the day before the fall Kickoff. Does that pose a problem for those close to the office and involved (read: Tim and Jason)? If not, cool. If it does, after the ride on Saturday, is there anything we can do as a group to help out (if we can still move)?

Just throwing it out there.

Jeff Martin said...

I'm always up for a ride when I can fit it in these days. My calendars looks pretty good for the 17th. Havent seen many blogs on this but trust there is a few more interested.

Lets start some smack talk banter for the effects of ride day:)

Andy Gibson said...

I'll start:

You guys can say I'm going to stink on the ride all you want, because I am. I haven't gone on a good ride in two months, and I haven't gone to spinning in three...ouch.

But I have been playing basketball and lifting weights three times a week, that has to count for something. So, be prepared to leave me behind.....:)

Jeff Martin said...

Need not to worry big boy. I enjoy seeing newcomers to a great sport. Although you are going to breathe hard - we will maintain the group and make it not such a nightmare for those guys. Sometimes groups splinter but we can bring it together at different points. Just having some good fun my friend. Stay with it!

Let me know if you should need anything. So far, it seems like a pretty sparse group.

Andy Gibson said...

I know your having fun...I'll return the favor someday.

So when are you buying your Land Cruiser, Jeff? How serious are you..I can start throwing bones your way when I see them up on the different forums I frequent?

A nice LC would carry around the bikes to places you've never been able to go before :).