Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Rejoicing in the Lord yet?

How's that homework from Sunday coming along?

We explored Philippians 4:4 on Sunday. . . Rejoice in the Lord, always, again, I say rejoice! . . . What it means and how we begin. A Gospel-centered community is a Rejoicing Community.

Sermon audio and outline are posted here. . . . Connecting - Grace Church, San Luis Obispo

I gave the assignment of reading through Philippians start to finish in one sitting and marking or noting every time joy or rejoicing is mentioned. So how's that going? Is it moving you like it did me? Have you been practicing rejoicing in the Lord this week? Why is this so hard?

Let's not be just hearers of the Word, but doers of the Word!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tim,
I really en(joy)ed the sermon this week. Dede and I have been reading through a devotional together by Mike Mason called "Champagne for the Soul". It has certainly been an encouragement for us and would highly recommend it for anyone wanting to further their focus and committment to joy in the glory of Christ.
"The greatest enemy of joy is fear"

Peace,
David

Anonymous said...

I was so stoked when I found out that you were teaching from Philippians. It is by far my favorite book in the Bible, for many of the reasons you cited in your message.

We actually read through the entire book in my growth group yesterday. It's not so bad. 104 verses of pure joy--no pun intended.

This book has so many valuable reminders that I have committed to memory. Love it! It's great!