Monday, March 07, 2005

SLO Tribune: Fired for Blogging

Today's SLO County Tribune had an interesting AP article in the Personal Tech section entitled, Fired for Blogging.

This jumped out at me. . . .

Currently, some 27 percent of online U.S. adults read blogs, and 7 percent pen them, according to The Pew Internet and American Life Project.

Wow! And Microsoft, like Sun Microsystems, encourages blogging and has 1,500 unnoficial blogs.

You won't find any suggestive photos of me in my corporate uniform here! Aren't you relieved?

How do I get 27% of online folks here at Grace to read life together?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note: I was looking at your profile and it says you've been here since 2002. I am 95% positive you got here early 2003, not '02. Am I right?

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you what percent of the congregation is reading your blog, but I'd be surprised if a number of us in the college group aren't reading it now. Both Scott Morton and Phillip Moses exhorted us to begin reading your blog on Sunday. You might be surprised at how quickly it catches on throughout the congregation and even throughout the Central Coast. As they say, word of mouth is the best advertising. It's free, and it catches on like wild fire.

Thanks for taking the time to share your heart with us.

Unknown said...

Oh, thanks alot, Brian... You comment on Pastor Tim's blog, but not mine? By the way, Scott Morton is now an honorary (and soon to be contributing) member of The Source.And yes, Tim, that link up there is another shameless plug for the college blog. I think I deserve it after pushing your blog on the entire college group on Sunday... don't you?