Wednesday, June 07, 2006

encouraging email of the week

Here's another college student that Scott Morton and Steve Leonard have been investing their lives in . . .


Greetings Men of God,

My name is Greg Keogh and I'm a Cal Poly student attending Grace. Since I have finished finals (praise God!!) I've had a few moments to reflect on the past quarter and decided to take the time to tell you all what I have learned and seen this past quarter specifically to the 75th anniversary.

I first want to start off by thanking all of you for giving me the opportunity to experience this anniversary even though I have only attended 3 years and will only be around for a little over 1 more year. I am so thankful I got the chance to sing in the 75th anniversary choir; I sang in high school which was an amazing experience. But there is something to be said about singing with a group of people that believe the words they sing, it was amazing to worship God by making a sweet sound to his ears and proclaiming at the top of our lungs how he is worthy of praise!

I was also very challenged at the banquet to hear the stories and see the people that have been at Grace since the beginning. I was blown away to hear that Leroy Persson was only 22 years old when starting Grace and had no pastoral training. I pray that I might have the same confidence in God's will that Leroy had in starting a church with 3 people and pushing through all the trials with prayer and submission to complete God's very evident will for a church on Pismo and Osos. God has been so faithful in providing for Grace, just like it says in Hebrews 11 that "He who promised is faithful" and Grace is another testimony to that. I have been challenged to seek God's faithfulness in my own life and to celebrate and remember that as I walk with him daily.

I finally hope to encourage you in saying that I accept the challenge you, Pastor Tim and Pastor Steve, have been giving us to take the baton and move into the next generation of saints. I prayerfully hope to do this as I serve on College leadership and desire so much to see my fellow students serve their crucial role in the body of Christ. I want them to see how they make Christ's bride even more beautiful by serving Him throughout their college years and continuing beyond by pouring into others. Again, I thank you for giving me the opportunity to experience this anniversary and for so lovingly welcoming college students in the body at Grace. I thank you for pouring yourselves out for the sake of Christ and pray that my simple words bring encouragement to you.

Because He is good,

Greg Keogh


No comments: