Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Survey #4 Results: Missed Messages

Been a while, but I was encouraged by the survey results and the number of readers that take the time to listen to messages they miss . . .



I was a bit surprised that more don't listen to the radio. So hard to measure the impact of our radio program. I hear occasional feedback and I know a few are here at Grace because they first were exposed to our ministry on 890 AM, but . . . .

In these tough economic times, as we look at trimming our budget, we've talked about suspending the radio program for a while. I hate to do it, because I think its a great "presence" ministry and an exciting means by which God's Word is "sounding forth" into the world.

Any thoughts on that?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only people I know that listened to the radio did it as a substitute for going to church and now no longer attend. I think that it is a great option but I've never listened to the radio if I miss out on a Sunday, I just grab a CD if I feel like I've missed out or listen on my ipod. I wonder if shut-ins listen to the radio but aren't computer savy enough to either read your blog and cast their vote on the topic or listen to a podcast as an alternative? Just my thoughts ...

Janice Phillips said...

I only have a radio in my car which is why I listen to the podcast.

Mama Mote said...

As anonymous said, I do know a couple of shut-ins who listen to the radio broadcast and they feel in the loop that way. It would be sad to take that away from them.

Anonymous said...

If you ask people online if they listen online you sort of skew your survey toward online. If you ask people on the radio if they listen to radio then you get radio listeners. Just my two cents.
Amy

Tim said...

You're right, Amy, the blog surveys are clearly informal, random, small, incomplete and skewed. Unfortunately, its all I've got at this point.

We've invited response and feedback at the conclusion of the radio program and have received none.

So, like I said, its difficult to measure the impact of that medium.

Thanks for the feedback...Tim

Joanie said...

Anonymous makes a point. I have a family member who listens to your sermons on the radio. They wouldn't be likely to comment on a blog, but they would miss the listening opportunity.

Anonymous said...

can the folks listening via radio switch over to getting CDs in the mail?if necessary even buying them a cd player too?then they'd have archives to listen to and don't have to stress over getting to the radio at 11am. just 2c to add. would be cheaper and better in the end for all? for a continued radio presence, maybe offer to send CDs to listeners as commercials on a Sunday morning, assume cheaper than whole sermon broadcast?