Saturday, January 21, 2006

Living the Gospel

Someone took the time to email me and let me know that Choices, the crises pregnancy center here in SLO, received more calls this week from Grace Church folks interested in volunteering than they ever had before. How cool is that?

And then I received this encouraging note from Jim Coles who runs the show over there. . .

Hi Tim,

All I can say is…….Wow! I just finished listening to last week’s message.

Thanks for succinctly sharing God’s heart on so many crucial issues of our time. You said it was only foundational and not comprehensive. After listening and taking two pages of notes, I was energized. It takes me a lot to get fired up…..the Lord used you to encourage a rather “seasoned pro-lifer.”

Also, I truly appreciate your willingness to be transparent. It’s refreshing to see a spiritual leader like yourself not be overly concerned about what those in attendance would think of why you were so compelled to share the hard truth on sensitive issues. It’s certainly appropriate to afflict the comfortable and comfort the afflicted.

Finally, thanks for the decisive endorsement & referral. We consider each appointment a divine appointment. We saw a total of 700 clients (SLO = 226) in 2005 and we were able to share the truth in love with each and every one of them. I believe this is just the tip of the ice-burg and with the support of the body of Christ here on the Central Coast, we can expect many many more in the future.

Congratulations on blessing # 4! (Ps. 127:3-5)

Hope to see you soon. Perhaps we could get together for lunch again? I’ll have my people get a hold of your people.

Keep given ‘m heaven Bro.!

Friend in Christ,

Jim Coles

Choices Pregnancy Resource Center


Thanks Jim!

Check out the Choices website at www.choicesprc.com

I'll add it to my blogroll on the right.

2 comments:

Jeannett said...

Amazing! Isn't is awesome how Grace church has truly become a church for the community instead of just our own little unit! Good job Tim!

Suzette said...

Thank you for posting that letter.

The people at Choices are so sweet. Yesterday at Heritage Builders we heard two testimonies from graceslo women who were blessed by Choices when they went there for help for their friends. They were so delighted for the information they received and the fact that the Choices staff prayed with them for their friends. I praise God for the positive outcomes.

God is using Choices to help women and their babies!