Tuesday, June 12, 2007

good for your soul?

0612071809a.jpg

Exercise is an ongoing battle. The kids are getting old enough for me to take them along on certain things. This evening I took Zeke and Eden and we hiked Bishop's Peak. Zeke, who just turned 5, made it all the way to the top. I didn't expect that! The ice cream reward might have had something to do with it.

Along the way, Eden asked, "Hey Dad, isn't hiking good for your soul?" I said, "Yep, it sure is!"

I didn't get the best workout, but it was sure better than nothing. The other benefits far outweighed the light workout.

0612071718.jpg

2 comments:

Roy said...

Hey Tim,
Are the kids allergic to poison oak!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Tim before you know it your boys will be writing "Went hiking with my dad today. I didn't get the best workout, but it was sure better than nothing...". My dad and I discovered last summer that a 50 lbs. bag of sand can be a great equalizer when hiking together. I hope you continue to get some awesome time outdoors with your children as they grow up.